View Single Post

Old 12-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Welcome to FRF!

Default Re: And WHY is Ford canceling the Ranger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauss85 View Post
hahaha
I never thought they were THAT big...but now that you mention it, my bro has a 1990 with the I-6 and that is a beast of a truck...
I may have exaggerated just a tiny bit....

But on a serious note, the current F150 dwarfs my 1980 F100. And the F100 is considered a full size truck. With the seat all the way back in the F100, I fit perfectly. In a new F150, with the seat all the way back, I feel like i'm 6 miles away. There's alot of wasted space in a newer F150. I'm pretty sure you can easily hide a human behind the dash if you gut the a/c ducting.

Sadly, my Ranger is almost as big as my F100. And it's a small truck. But with the Ranger, I fit perfectly, and there is no wasted space, which is something I love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyYYZ View Post
When I bought this Ranger the sales manager told me he's heard rumour of the F100 coming back.
That's an old rumor. Ford scrapped those plans. Automotive companies stick with what makes them the most money. Without a small truck segment, buyers are forced into the F150, or forced to another make. Ultimately, it nets them monetary gain. But mark my words, eventually there will be a point when there are too many F150's running about. And when that time comes, F-150 sales will drop dramatically, and i'll be laughing as soon as I hear word of that decline.

Last edited by Fordzilla80; 12-07-2010 at 06:54 PM.