View Single Post

Old 03-22-2016, 07:16 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernboy94 View Post
2800.1 VM Audio right now. Bought it off a friend brand new for $75. It beats these JLs harder than any other amp I've had on them. But I can also turn the gain all the way up and the JLs can take it without bottoming out so I really have no idea how much power the amp is pushing. If I remember correctly I believe my subs are rated at 350 rms

But I will also ending getting a new amp as well. Just not right away

Well first the gain isn't a volume knob man. You should have it set and leave it. It isn't meant to be turned up especially at Max. It'll cause clipping and fry your subs. I didn't even know vm Audio made amps but I haven't heard good things about their subs and for $75 I'm gonna assume it's a "2800" watts "max" amp and say you won't be getting anywhere close to that out of it. My suggestion would be to grab two sundown b-stock e12's off of car audio bargain and you'll save enough money to get a good amp that's around 800-1000 watts RMS. I would really suggest two sa12's but you'll need closer to 2000 watts Rms and better electrical than you probably have which makes everything go up.
After market radio. 20" XD series rims!
Roll bar and toolbox
Offroad lights