View Single Post

Old 12-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Same Stuff, Different Day

Default Re: Updateing Netbook to Newer Windows?

With the specs of that, there is no way you could upgrade windows on it at all. Linux is a maybe if you run DSL or the modified version of Ubuntu. 64mb of ram is what i ran back in my first computer with Windows 98 (comp was from 96) and in the end i had to even upgrade that to run stuff.

You might be able to run SKYPE, but i doubt it will run very well.

For the 80 bucks, i hate to break it to ya, but, you may have gotten took to the cleaners. I don't know what you are going to use it for, but 64mb of ram has been unheard of since about 2000, and windows CE is a 14yr old operating system, 2gb of HDD also is VERY small, and will fill up pretty quick if you start installing software.

You can pick up a good netbook off newegg.com for around 200 bucks, that runs windows 7 starter, 1gb of ram 250gb HDD, Intel Atom Processor, and a 10in. screen with Mic and webcam built in. Those are the exact specs of the Gateway (Acer) that i'm using right now and it works pretty damn good.

1997 Ford Ranger XLT, 2.3L I4, Auto, 2wd, Regular Cab, 91k miles. 7.5in 4.10 Open Rear Axle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
Experience is useless if it is wrong, and there's a lot of experienced morons.
Keep the air in the spare, and the bag in the wheel - Adam Carolla