View Single Post

Old 12-11-2015, 05:40 PM
"Race Internals"

Default NJ / PA meet ideas & discussion - 2016

a month or so ago I was talking with HeyBobba about trying to get another meet together similar to the hot dog johnny's meets I set up a few years back. I've had a few other people ask about setting up a meet as well so I figure it's time to give it a shot.

this time around, I thought mabe we could make a weekend "event" out of it, with lodging available for anyone coming from farther away ( and those more local too), and set up some kind of mini-road trip / adventure around the area... I've seen it work awesome for the monte carlo forum I've been part of for close to 10 years ( I still take my ranger when they set up a meet halfway local to me, lol )

that being said, I talked to my very good friend ( the one I helped repair & paint his mazda B3000 in my backyard, lol) who's stepmother & father own a campground in Portland, PA, right outside the Delaware water gap national recreation area, about renting a tent site or cabin for the weekend, which he seemed to think was a do-able thing. there would be a fee but divided among a small group it would not add up to much, plus the campground has hot showers, flush toilets, a laundry facility not to mention a great pond for fishing.

as far as the "adventure" part goes I was thinking a trip up Old Mine road, which runs through the Delaware watergap national recreation area on the NJ side, along the Delaware and through a ghost town bought out for the tocks island damn project... it was also featured in weird NJ ( story was titled "the last exit in NJ..." as it is the last exit on route 80 in the state). there are also quite a few side roads & trails to explore and last I was up there (over a decade ago ) it was pretty isolated. a trip over to the infamous hot dog johnny's is also possible as it's only a few miles from the campground.

anyway I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in attending a meet like this, or has any input they would like to share... I figure we could do it in late may or april sometime.
2000 XLT 4X4, 3.0, Auto, regular cab - throttle cable mod, K&N drop in filter, taylor thundervolt 8.2 plug wires, autolite sparkplugs, Accel coil pack, AVS Ventshades, Rampage LED tailgate light bar, BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A tires, Trail F/X toolbox, cruse control pod light fix, Cobra 19 ultra II CB, lil wil antenna, pioneer door speakers, expo woodgrain radio bezal, 06+ mirrors & tails, powerdome hood

2000 XLT 4X4 Offroad, 4.0 / auto, supercab - the project truck!