View Single Post

Old 12-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Ford Tough

Default Update - My Ranger is finally back!

My Ranger is finally back after almost 3 weeks down. Somehow in hell it broke a valve spring in half, so from there the work started. Most of the time was waiting on parts to be shipped to my house.

The heads were rebuilt with all new ford springs and nitride coated valves. The heads looked like crap so they went to an awesome machine shop here in vegas called accurate performance machine. They vatted them, milled em, put a 5 angle valve job on the intake and radiused the exhaust.

I also put in a full Fel-Pro gasket and seal set for basically the upper half of the engine. Painted the valve covers red as well, they got some knicks going back in.

Had a Silla Radiator, 180 degree thermostat, water pump, and gaterbelt waiting around so those went in.

Also decided to put a new camsynchonizer in and position sensor, that solved my knocking/ hesitating around 70 mph.

2 days after it was all up and running, while trying to go black friday shopping it would lose oil pressure at idle. The oil pressure switch was the verdict, so quick fix there...

So Finalllllllllyyyy its back and better than ever!

That valve work really set it off though, its much more responsive and screams when i floor it, and my fan never kicks in, may just be the cool weather, but i dont miss it.

sorry for being long winded!

Have a good holiday season! I am now going to convince my girlfriend how i need that new exhaust haha
General Grabber AT2 31/10.5/15, 15x7 ATX Slot, Hot girlfriend for passenger seat, Fabtech 2.5", Bilstein 5100, Poly Bumps, JBA Ceramic Coated Headers, Straigh pipe, Throttle Cable Mod, Air Box Mod, 5 Angle Valve Job, 180* Thermostat, Clear corners w/ Amber LEDs, Tinted Tails, 6000K Volt Digital HID Hi/Lo, K&N Drop-In, MAF Mod,