View Single Post

Old 11-30-2010, 07:14 AM
Learning to use the forums

Exclamation 2.9 engine issues electrical/fuel??

Im gonna give every bit of info i got on whats going on lemme know if you need anything else to come up with a solution.

I bought this truck on black friday from a couple of guys who had more cars than people in their family. they said it has been sitting but they started and ran it from time to time to keep it lubed up. to start out with it needed a new battery, i could jump it to start it but by the time i came out again say 6 hours later it needed another jump. the third day i was driving it on sunday morning it stopped running in the middle of an intersection and i was sure it was the battery at fault. got someone to give me a jump but wouldn't even take enough of a charge to turn the radio back on and when connected to another car with the new battery it made a clicking noise like trying to start a siezed engine. that brings me to the next day after i picked up another battery, the engine started and ran for about a minute and i thought my problems were solved, then the truck shut off almost sounding like when you depressurize a fuel line to do a fuel filter change and it gradually die in the span of 10 seconds. i replaced the positive battery cable because i thought that was the culprit that didnt work i checked for spark and spark was there theres gas smell comming out the tail pipe when the engines spinning and almost sounds like it wants to pop but theres just nothing there. to add a few more things the alternator is new, the gas tank is new, but i dont know about the pump. any help would be great this is my daily driver and the sooner i can get her back on the road the quicker i can make some money. Thanks again!

No MODS.. ..yet..