View Single Post

Old 10-14-2015, 08:07 PM
Go ahead, make my day

Default Re: The "what do you hate about your Ranger today" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
When I was stationed in San Diego, we had a CHP motorcycle cop show up at our base for a motorcycle safety brief. Our command asked the CHP to send him for motorcycle safety reasons, and we all met him at a parking lot on our bikes

He talked to us about various ways in which motorcyclists got killed in accidents. He said the 3 main ways in order were:
1) Car makes left turn in front of motorcyclist that was not seen
2) Car rear ends motorcyclist
3) Car pulls out from driveway/lot in front of motorcycle not seen

He suggested that if we didnt already, we SHOULD be lane-splitting whenever possible at intersections to avoid being rear-end sandwiched between bumpers. He suggested caution otherwise but nonetheless encouraged it.

Itd be crazy if it became illegal in California..
I saw the second way one day while sitting in traffic on the 405 north. Traffic on the 405 south had come to a sudden stop, the motorcyclist came to a stop, but the car behind him, the driver was either distracted or couldn't stop in time and rear ended him. He ended up flying off of his bike and went airborne and over the car in front of him and landed on the back of the car that was in front the car he went over.

Fucked up part about it all, I call 911 and get put on hold. I hung up and called CHP's non-emergency number and got through right away. The dispatcher asked me if I had called 911 and hung up, I said yes and she apologized for that. It wasn't her fault. It's the fucked up system that the state has for 911 and they still haven't fixed it.
-Tons of mods, supercharged 392/393
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateranger View Post
If want real power you need to Plasti-Dip the entire engine including the valves and bearings, that's good for up to 150 horsepower.