View Single Post

Old 10-12-2015, 06:38 PM
Like the Forums

Default Re: Daily driver project ranger 3.Low

Took the truck out to an autocross race a few weeks ago since my co worker convinced me to race it. Truck was very under-powered compared to a lot of vehicles out there, but truck actually did very well in the turns! Running about 2* negative camber up front helped a lot... Was my first time out doing any sort of pavement "racing" so I wasn't expecting to break any records lol
I did manage to meet my goal and beat the only other truck entered in the race, which I was stoked about. Would love to maybe get a stiffer away bar up front but even still if I don't, truck didn't lean in the turns much at all.

https://vimeo.com/142204353

And here's a picture of the truck I can claim victory on, which had much more power than my measly 150hp (hence the license plate) lol

Plans are to hopefully get an explorer 8.8 in the back (limited slip, 3.73's, disc brakes, etc), along with maybe a stiffer front seat bar. Truck needs about 100 more hp and it would be perfect, also thinking about the possibility of a 4.0 SOHC swap instead of a 5.0 now.. Would be much lighter on its feet and basically has the same HP output but redlines at higher rpm.