View Single Post

Old 11-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: Starting Delay (Fuel Injector or Fuel Pump??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devster View Post
I don't think Techron is going to help at this point. I already ordered a filter (cause amazon is amazing and seems to have everything for less) so we'll see if there's any difference at that point.
FYI.....Walmart sells the fuel filters for $8 or $9..........It is your truck but I think you are making a mistake by not trying the Techron.....You should do it every oil change anyways as maintenance for the fuel system...........but it has been know to free up check valves and sending units........DO YOU USE SHELL GAS?

----------

also..changing the fuel filter will not correct the instant pressure drop.....but you need to do it anyways.......I am not sure if the 2001 has the buttons that you press to undo the line....if it doesn;t you will need to get the 5/16 tool for $10............makes sure you pull the fuse or the fuel pump relay and try to start the truck so there is no pressure in the line........it is good practice to spray the connections with pb blaster or equivalent and let sit.....also if you go with a new pump I am pretty sure you will need the whole setup because the check valve is in it.....

2004 Ranger, Ext Cab, 2WD, 3.0, 5 speed , 4WABS, crank windows, no cruise, Edge 116k.(6/5,2014) (SOLD).
1999 Ford Ranger, Reg Cab, 2.5, 5 speed, 2WD, no AC, 150k (SOLD).