View Single Post

Old 10-05-2015, 06:36 PM
No wire hangers, ever!

Default Re: 2007 Ranger FX4, 4wd question and vibration question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damned225 View Post
The full body Broncos had a d44 front locker. Any fleet f250 with a d60 had a locker.
Glad to see you've moved on from claiming front lockers were offered in Rangers direct from Ford at least.....so we have slight progress here.

Do you have a link to additional verifiable information or anything to support this new claim of yours?

I see tons of front lockers for those axles being offered from the aftermarket (which would imply they were not offered by Ford from the factory). I also see numerous threads on other forums about people wanting to add them (which would also imply they were not offered by Ford from the factory)....but nothing about them being "stock".

I also certainly haven't seen anything along the lines of "any fleet f250 with a d60 had a locker" (again, talking a front locking differential here).....

It's not offered on the current "build & price" feature from Ford (rear yes, front no).

I would have to think any front "traction aiding device" from the factory would have been a limited slip (at most) - not a true locking differential.

A locked front axle isn't a fun on-road driving experience.

Former 2003 Ford Ranger owner - Build Thread for her: Project Budget Buster

Last edited by Logan03CO; 10-05-2015 at 06:45 PM.