View Single Post

Old 09-27-2015, 02:00 PM
Wrist Twister

Default Re: Show Your System

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
You could run the tweeters off the headunit only.
I could. I have considered this, but there were a few reasons I chose not to:

1) Having the internal amplifier on supposedly introduces noise at the preouts.
2) THD is significantly higher using the internal amplifer as opposed to using a dedicated external amplifier. As I understand it, THD in the upper frequencies are most liable to cause ear fatigue.
3) Unsure if the DEH80PRS can do level adjustments on the internal amplifier when set in network mode. I would think so, but I dont want to reconfigure everything just to find out.

Im keeping my eyes open for a good small class ab or class d amp that can be used for tweets. Then all I need is a distro block, some rca cables, and to run 2 more sets of speaker wire. And of course the stuff for the new sub...

I plan to run HAT Imagine 6.5 mids and the 12" sub off the class d amp I have mounted under the passenger seat, then use the tweet amp for the Imagine tweets. 3 way active, 400 wrms at 12" driver in a ~1 cu/ft box, ~95wrms at each mid, and then a tweeter amp under the driver seat or center console. Should be more than enough stereo for me..
Headlight relay harness, Philips xtreme-vision bulbs
P235/75R15 Michelin LTX M/S2s