View Single Post

Old 09-23-2015, 02:47 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Default Re: "Vincent" the 2003 FX4 LII, Dual Sticks, 4.0 SOHC - Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler46 View Post
I'm subscribed. I like where this thread is going!

The e-brake cable is under the driver side of the truck and runs between the frame and the edge of the truck. Shouldn't be any other wires near by it. Hangs pretty low.

No you do not need to adjust the brakes when you get new tires, your Anti-lock may be a little sensitive from going from "bald bald" to fresh tread. But nothing to be concerned of.

And if I may add, you stuffed 285/75/16 on a stock 4wd truck? Those measure out to 32.8 x 11.22 x 16 so those are pretty big.
Need some pics.

And welcome to the Forum! You can learn so much information from this site. Here's a good place to start:

Beginners threads of interest

Thanks for the tips and the beginner mod list is really helpful.

On Tires:
I did get them in. I think the previous owner has some kind of lift on it. Maybe a TBar? I'm trying to figure out exactly what was done to it. (Like I said, I'm completely new to the working on cars thing).
It did rub on the mud flaps in the front so I removed those today. Now it only rubs slightly on the front left lip of the fender when I turn a very specific way. I'm curious as to why it doesn't rub slightly on the other side? It may be the additional weight of the driver (I'm no small fry) ... or maybe the TBar lift is not quite even? I'd like to figure that out before I trimming the plastic.

I will be replacing the bumper soon anyway. I was cleaning it up yesterday and my finger went straight through due to rust. I don't have much protection in the front. I moved that mod up on the list of "to dos" and am figuring out what type of bumper/winch combo I want that fits the ranger and still gives access to the tow hooks.

List of stuff I got done yesterday:
I also have to figure out what to do with this stack of 4 + 1 spare tires and rims.

More to come.