Thread: Rally cross
View Single Post

Old 09-17-2015, 01:59 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Rally cross

So, I've decided I'm going to be trying something new. There's a place 3 1/2 hours north of me outside of Gainesville Florida that does beginner class rally cross, pretty much register and take your daily if you want. Believe it or not someone's entered in with their 93 ranger. Lol. But I am planning on picking up a Honda Civic hatch 5 speed. Figured this would be a good start, light weight, 5 speed. Would be easier to control and learn in than an awd turbo Subaru. I will not be attending until next season. due to not having the car yet, and after get the car want to gut it and build a roll cage in it. The track is all flat land, no jumps of any kind. There's a 2wd stock class. Meaning exactly as it sounds. 2wd bone stock car. I'm planning on starting there and depending how it goes moving up eventually to 2wd modified. Anyone else into rally cross? Any tips? Any info? What do you have? Looking forward to what everyone has.
1997 B2300 reg cab 2.3 Lima, 15x8.5 Mickey Thompson classic 2, 31x10.50 cooper discover at3, 7.5 open 4.10 rear, dynomax super turbo catback, alpine iva-w200 w/ nav, kicker 6x8s, alpine type R 8, alpine 250W mono amp, power bass 400.4, tool box & camper shell, compustar alarm/remote start.
1956 Ford F100 rust bucket with big plans!