View Single Post

Old 08-12-2015, 05:55 PM
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger024x4 View Post
really? you came here and bitched about the price of the nice f150s (which, mind you, are obviously selling) and bashing people who want to take care of their trucks. Then when noone agrees with you, want to question the intelligence of people? Don't like the price? Don't buy one. Dont want to take care of your truck? Thats your business. What I find funny is that same person you are making fun of for taking care of their truck, is the same person you would want to buy a used truck from in the future.
Well, sonny, I posted my opinion about how spending $60k is outrageous for an F150 of all things. It's an F-150! I didn't say anything disparaging about the people who choose to do so. You're obviously from the "it's a crime to hurt my feelings" generation.
My opinion is that it's wasteful to spend that much on a truck and then have to be so careful with it so it doesn't take a scratch.
It has nothing to do with maintaining a vehicle. I appreciate people that take care of vehicles. I have two other vehicles, besides my Ranger, that were purchased new.

My point is, at which point does a truck become so expensive that it can hardly be freely used as a truck ?

My truck is not a POS, as some have inferred. There's a wide gap between a POS and a truck that gets used. Mine looks pretty darn good for a 20 year old truck.

My "intelligence " comment was directed at those who chose to poke fun and assume that I'm some po' folk cuz I choose an old ride.

The things you own, end up owning you.