View Single Post

Old 11-24-2010, 09:43 AM
FRF Journeyman

Default Re: Might lose a friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos0711 View Post
Teddy Roosevelt said it best...

[/B]
Ahhh, Teddy Roosevelt, perhaps the greatest President ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett20 View Post
Lmao hahaha edge you are racist/prejudice, plain and simple, if it's not your way then you don like it, maybe you should learn to keep your fucking mouth shut before you get it shut for you by someone
Wow, absolutely nothing he said was racist. Prejudice, maybe a little, but that's very hard to tell from a forum but that was a good use of vague threats in an online discussion. Congratulations, you're a winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WearyTraveler View Post
It may or may not hurt the economy. I do not know. That is something for the economists to work out.

I agree. But children do not have the option of choosing their parents, so keeping them from needed services is wrong.
So are you saying we should allow things to happen because you don't know what it will do? Do some research or take an economics course (macro would be best) and then get back to me on if something like this would hurt the economy. The short answer is "Yes, it would".

Needed services like what? Education is not needed to survive, a Ritalin prescription is not needed to survive, a drivers license is not needed to survive. What services are you talking about that are truly needed? Some people in this country have lived under such good conditions that they forget what is really needed and what is not. Most of the world population survives without healthcare, air conditioning, prescription medication, etc. Life isn't always great so be thankful with what you have and try to help others. Don't expect the government(s) to give handouts because people are too lazy.

This thought brings me to another question. How many of you who have supported his immigration into the state have donated time or money to a good cause? Kind of curious who talks it up but figures the government will back it up for them.
Bosch IR Iridium Fusion Spark Plugs