View Single Post

Old 07-07-2015, 10:04 AM
"That's what" -She

Default Re: CEL, codes, high idle, ABS light

Mini Update:

The difference is close to astronomical. I feel like I have a brand new truck. It idles normal, it shifts perfectly, rpms aren't acting crazy like they were before. Granted, I've only put 4 miles on it since I only drove back to work, but dang those were the smoothest 4 miles I think I've ever had in this truck. The CEL is still on, but I think I'm just going to have the parts store clear the codes and then see if the light comes back on. Regardless if it does, I'll get the codes checked after a week or so to make sure nothing is showing anymore. I truly hope and pray this solves the issues I've been having. The wife is tired of hearing me complain about my truck, and I'm sure she's tired of me spending money on it haha

----------

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. The dude at the shop called me and asked if my ac had quit working. Well it did just a few days ago. Apparently the plate on the front of the compressor had popped off and was laying down by the radiator and the mechanic just so happen to notice it laying down there. By the grace of god I didn't lose it after 300 miles or so of driving and he was able to put a new bolt in it and save the day with my ac. Little stuff like that is what really makes me appreciate the shop I go to, and makes the decision easier when I'm trying to decide if $70 is even worth getting my hands dirty.

How To Fix Your Odometer

Last edited by KyBucks10; 07-07-2015 at 10:10 AM.