View Single Post

Old 07-06-2015, 04:16 PM
Wrist Twister

Default Re: CEL, codes, high idle, ABS light

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBucks10 View Post
Update:

Well some good news to report. Checked the tracking number on the new intake this morning, and it's sitting at the post office. I'll be able to pick it up in the morning. Also, it just so happens that the branch I'm helping out at will have some extra staff tomorrow, so I'll be able to stay at my branch. This will give me the perfect opportunity to run my truck over to the shop tomorrow to get the new intake installed.

Also, I ran by the parts store tonight. P1000 code is now gone, but the P1537 is still present, and the P0171 code came back. At least I was able to solve the misfire code with new plugs and wire.

What are the chances that the new intake will take care of both P1537 and P0171?
Possible especially if the intake manifold gaskets are hosed and are allowing a leak.

Also, im not sure how the pcm calculates when the truck is running lean. The fuel maps on a 01-03 duratec are designed to expect the IMRC system to work right. The butterflies being closed will "richen" the mixture below 3k rpm. If the butterflies are stuck open, that cant happen. The only option the pcm has is to try and use fuel trims to richen the mix to get the right a/f ratio. However, if it meets 20% (long term fuel trim positive 20) the computer will trip the CEL. Perhaps when you replace the manifold, the IMRC working will allow the a/f ratio to be right. Of course, if that cap popped off that will be fixed by the new manifold as well.

Let us know
Headlight relay harness, Philips xtreme-vision bulbs
P235/75R15 Michelin LTX M/S2s