View Single Post

Old 06-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Habenae Est Dominatus

Default Re: Undrstm8ed's 93' XLT Overlanding build...

So since the OEM spare tire is at this point useless to me, and I am still awaiting a pair of the stock rims to come in that I ordered (out of 4 new rims), for the ability to have a full sized spare.

On the TAG multi-carrier rear bumper, for both the truck and on the extra Ranger bed trailer project (coming soon) also will have a TAG Multi carrier rear bumper to match. Also along with matching wheels & tires on the trailer itself (Hancook 32" Dynapros). So today the spare was ejected...

The spare tire area is roughly about 25" fully in diameter. I have noticed that with some creative calculations this is where I am going to make my watertight steel enclosure to house two additional group 65 Exide AGM batteries. This will have its own venting system so battery gasses don't build up inside and create an unwanted incident on the trail or the road. The two additional batteries are to handle the power demands of winching and added lighting demands. Considering a second winch for the rear, this will be a much needed thing if I should ever require using both at the same time.

The addition in the near future of an ARB refrigerator (cause of its adequate size and ridiculous minimal draw rates), some extra interior needs of the Flip-Pac, and If I do some colder climate camping I can plug in the electric blanket too. With a draw rate of just under 3 amps, i could easily run the blanket, both sides well over 9 hrs and still start the truck the next day and not notice the drain at all.. Of course the lil woman will be all up for that kind of a feature.

As you can see by the following photos, the 110lbs of extra weight will be evenly distributed and maintaining the tilt feature for access still. Again this will be a separate write up I will add (here).

1/0 wire routing is not my favorite thing to do either but it will certainly compliment the 300 amp Alternator addition too. That isnt a cost factor you should read standing up BTW.. ouch

My Build Pg. Threads
+ 93' Ranger Overlanding Build
+ 94' Ranger Bed Overlanding Trailer Build
+ 12° North Industries ~ I Support

Last edited by Undrstm8ed; 06-11-2015 at 11:27 AM.