View Single Post

Old 06-06-2015, 08:54 AM

Default Re: 2004 and up Ranger to Mustang Dome Light Mod

I thought this might be useful to others who may be doing both the Mustang Dome, & OHC mods.
I made a discovery not mentioned in the OHC How To, that pertains to the Mustang dome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99nwranger View Post
does it work the same way with a 99 ranger. my lights are manual and dont shut off automatically
Im not sure. I think it is a direct swap no need to add a power wire.
*Please Note*
I didn't read much further after those quotes (posts 2 & 3), and ventured out on my own. So if this was mentioned earlier, I apologize for the repeat.

I couldn't tell you what all years/models this will work on, but....

Since on the '98, you can use the mounting screws to connect the power (ultimate plug-n-play!) to your dome instead of cutting & splicing & such, the pigtail is freed up for those doing an OHC install. I'm not certain the year my Dome is, (I forgot to ask lol) but it has 3 wires Green/Yellow, Black/Blue, and Black.
From my OHC pigtail, I matched the 2 Black/Blue wires, and the Orange/Green to the Green/Yellow on the Dome Pigtail. So now the power is supplied to my OHC lights through the OEM connector on the dome light.

Feels like Plug & Play!
I like plug-n-play. It rolls off your tongue just like *POP*.

*Mods & Pseudo Mods*
Sony head unit, Expo OHC, Uniden CB, 16" Wheels from a 2002 Expo Sport Trac/255-0R16 tires

Last edited by Grampybox; 06-06-2015 at 08:57 AM.