View Single Post

Old 05-16-2015, 10:04 PM
Learning to use the forums

Exclamation Sluggish truck after clutch replacement?

Hi guys, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what is going on with my truck. I was driving the other day down the road. When I was about to take off on the stop sign, I was about to stall, so I tried to save it by putting in the clutch. However the truck jumped violently. After I took off a sharp and nasty sound came about. It sounds like if someone was feeding a piece of cardboard into a fan. I kept on driving and the sound reduced in sound, I immediately thought it was the clutch. On the days after that I kept on driving the truck. However there was now a constant sound coming from the undercarriage on the passenger side which sounded like a rattle every time I let go of the gas and the truck was on idle, also the truck because sluggish and it didn't sound the same. I assumed it was do to the bad clutch. So today my friend changed the slave cylinder and clutch. I thought that everything would be solved. The sound went away, but now the truck seems sluggish and has a hard time coming up to speed. The truck doesn't sound the same when I start it up, before the clutch issues when I would turn on the truck, she would be loud do to the magnaflow it has, also when I would rev it up between 2500 and 3000 to change gears, and now no more of that 😔 hahah

Could it be some other part or something in the engine? Did I blew something else from the clutch