View Single Post

Old 05-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Modding To Continue >>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJustin View Post
Yes there is a stock 6 disc you can put in there. But there are probs with them. Best bet would be to go aftermarket HU. Interior has not really changed since 94 so most stuff is interchangeable, as well as Explorers up to 2002 IIRC. Stepside has definite style points to them, I just prefer more space. Any more plans for it?
Hey guess what i it just so happens that one of my longtime clients owns a slew of ford junk yards. He told me to show up and take whatever I wanted. I could not belive it. I got a white perfect shape stepside bed, the entire bedliner/tailgate liner/2inch hitch (heavy) newer style 3rd brakelight (all red) spare tire/clamp bumper )because they are smaller on the stepside bed/ All Free WOW..... Im a lucky guy. the bed is getting ready for paint match.

Are you sure about the interior, because I was told that the floors are different so that the seats may be slightly different also at the bottom mounting points. Could you shed some light on this. Thks And yes I do have more plans for it. I am getting ready to install the locking mounts in the bed for my 2-road bikes. thats why i was not concerned with space. Thats what i use the truck for. And now I can pull my wave runners . I am going to be replacing the stock rear window with the rear glass/slide window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacodiablo View Post
You can find the 6-disc headunits on eBay, but as RangerJustin said they have a lot of problems. It is extremely important that the headunit is put in shipping mode if you buy it online. If this isn't done, it's pretty much guaranteed to be broken when you get it. I went ahead and bought a alpine cd/player today and have it installed with a mini 6disk cd player installed in glovebox. its nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacodiablo View Post

If the truck is a 3.0 V6, I would go ahead and replace the cam synchronizer. Make sure you use a Motorcraft or A1-Cardone (remanufactured Motorcraft) replacement. Do not use a Dorman replacement.

I dont know what this part or items means or does. Could you explain what this is in details. its got me all crazy right now. thks