View Single Post

Old 11-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Ban Survivor. (x2)

Default Re: how exactly would you hook this up and how much power would be prdcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfj17 View Post
i guess i shoulda said this but i know generally how to hook em up. i already have a amp and 2 subs i hooked up lol but thanks anyway. and well one time i was drivin and playin a song and it made my idle rpms drop, and when i would pause it it went back to normal, plus the lights usually seem like they flicker a lil bit so i thought i would need a cap.

and pooleo8 are you sure about the 250 to each sub? cuz thats something i really wanted to know. and i've seen 2 ways of wiring em up for a 2 ohm load on amp and i was wondering which would be better, if one is.
the 2 i know is
1.one positive wire from amp and splits to each sub positive and same with negative.
and 2. pos on amp to pos on one sub, and from that sub pos to next sub pos. same with negative

which would be betta?
btw head unit is a pioneer 12 deh or somethin like that
well the 250 watts is in theory on paper. It might not be actuall.

If you wire them for the 8 ohm load you are only going to pull 12.5% of the amps power. In theory.

But, your amp is rated to put out 500watt at a 2ohm load. So, if you had 1 sub at 2ohms, you could draw 500watts to that sub. Since you have 2 subs at 2ohms, then half of the watts will go to each sub.

If you wire it for 8 ohms, then you will only get 62.5 watt from your amp. Clearly insuffiecent for what you need. bahaha.

Some mono amps have 2+ and 2-. if yours does then just run each sub to their respective +,-'s.

You can just wire the +'s,-'s together inside the box, I would use like a 10ga wire to run them.

On my system I have 4 10" wired for 1ohm. Actual was like 1.03 ohm, so in my case on paper my 1800w amp supplying 4 subs with a 1ohm load will draw 1800w. each sub is rated at 450w so everything is matched equally. However since I am not really drawing 1ohm im not getting 1800 watts, only 1746w actual.

Same will be true for yours, you most likely will not have an actual 2ohm, maybe like 2.1 or so. The actual watts will be less than 500.
A Gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Each time he enters the arena, he slips his c0ck in the mouth of the beast, and prays to thrust home before the jaws snap shut. - Oenomaus
Ball Joints/Upper A-Arms How To
Replace Door pin/bushing
Repair broken dome light tabs
VIDEO OHC Install

Last edited by pooleo; 11-16-2010 at 10:36 PM.