View Single Post

Old 05-05-2015, 07:45 AM
No wire hangers, ever!

Default Re: Looking for the best tuner for my Ranger! Need input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkieTheBear View Post
All the tunes, show nothing changed in the proceeding menu review before loading it into the truck. All show "0" or "Stock Value" I loaded each one...and not a thing changed. Am I missing something?
If I understand what you're describing correctly - That screen is actually meant to show any 'user selected' changes from the base custom tune as originally programmed.

For example: My most recent custom tune was for stock 3.55 gears - but I since changed to 3.73's. So on that screen I still select my desired custom tune - but I modify that custom tune even further for the 3.73's. All other parameters of the custom tune would stay 'stock value' (for the tune) - except for the gearing portion.

Long story short: '0' or 'stock value' on that screen really means "no change from selected program". Not stock, stock. If that makes any sense. lol

The overall selected custom program has been loaded and replaced the true stock program. It's just a matter of whether the base custom tune has been further modified with the handheld.

As far as what tunes you should see - well, that depends on what you ordered from Fred.

Former 2003 Ford Ranger owner - Build Thread for her: Project Budget Buster

Last edited by Logan03CO; 05-05-2015 at 08:37 AM.