View Single Post

Old 04-08-2015, 09:47 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredeh View Post
So my parents been fighting a lot recently and maybe getting divorced. I also deal with minor depression. I got called into the office at work and was told that they would have to let me go if I didn't "cheer up". I explained everything and was told i'm preventing it from being a "positive workspace". I'm also in trouble for "starting degrading rumors about management" (more on that below). I do my job. I do it well. I don't complain and I do what I'm told. I work in the very back of the kitchen where no customers see me. If I don't feel like laughing and joking around with my coworkers who gives a shit? There's a rumor going around that two managers that live together are lesbians. Someone told them about it and they decided, with no evidence that I started it (which I didn't). What makes me even more mad that I know who started it (not snitching though) but I'm the one who got in trouble. Management didn't even care that I told them it wasn't me (and I figured my word would mean something since I have no track record of lies and have always owned up to mistakes). And when they were giving out raises, they decided that I didn't deserve a raise because of everything I just said. Such bs. I'm one of the hardest workers there, every single time a manager calls me on an off day and asks me to come in, or asks me to come in early or stay late I always do. I'm very reliable. I'm just going to come in on my scheduled days (if I'm off I'm off and I'm not coming in since apparently it doesn't mean anything), do my job and leave. And once I turn 18 I'm leaving.
Can't really say That I understand you on the job part because my bosses really like me and don't favor one over the other. I have like 6 In my area of the workplace. But I do know what it's like with the whole parents divorcing dilemma. My mom and dad went their separate ways when I was two. Then I got a stepmom. Well they always acted like they were gonna split up. But they never really did. They started spending more time together in an attempt to recuperate their marriage. And they're fine. Better than ever. The best thing to do is sit down with your mom or dad alone and try to figure it out and see what can be done to fix things with them.

It is what it is.