Thread: No start.
View Single Post

Old 02-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltonfilms View Post
Where did you get the starter? If it is one of the big car parts stores (advance, autozone, Oreillys) you should have a lifetime warranty on it. I would take it back. Sounds like the retraction rate of the bendix (starter drive gear) is too slow. Could be a weak spring in the starter. On my wife's Mazda I bought 2 remans and had this issue. I ended up rebuilding her original starter. There are a few places to look for leaks. Windshield. If you remove the defrost trim panel (black strip across front of dash) you can see a good portion under the windshield. HVAC. Your blower motor could be sucking in leaking washer fluid. Could be why your windows are fogging, similar to leaking heater core. Drain holes are clogged. There are holes in the plastic in front of your front mudflaps. Make sure they are not clogged. Check this link out: I would say this is your problem. Wet floor, sloshing sound, no drainage from the wiper cowl --> fix
I will definitely check the cowl tomorrow. I have ordered two starters from different places on line. The original motorcraft one started doing it so I replaced it but yet to cure the problem. The starter gear and flywheel are just barely ticking after startup and I confirmed this after looking at the flywheel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-1225686370.jpg (55.7 KB, 6 views)