Thread: Camo Dash Kit
View Single Post

Old 01-28-2015, 02:49 PM
Ford Tough

Probably way expensive if there are any. I'd just take apart the dash and paint your own camp. I did it with a gun stock. Just use rustoleum camouflage paint (matte earth tones). Clean everything down really well to get all oil and dirt off. Then spray a good coat or 2 of primer on everything you want to have camo. Then a base coat of whatever color you want the background to be ( I'd pick a lighter color like desert tan or foliage green). Then collect some leaves and/or pine needles still on the branch, also burlap looks really cool. Then take darker colors (or lighter colors if you start with dark colors) and hold the leaves or burlap an inch or so above the spray surface and spray small spurts of paint on the leaves or burlap. It will leave a silhouette of whatever object you're spraying over on the surface you're painting. Just do 4 or 5 things randomly all over the place. I'd personally start with a lighter color as a base. Probably tan. The I'd use black to spray through burlap(the space in between the burlap fibers will be black and leave you a tan burlap design) . You can then spray a spot foliage green(without using anything in between) and then go back over and spray black or tan(same as base color) over a leaf which will give you a green leaf outlined in black or tan. Then do the same thing for pine needles but use od green or pine green the background on line needles and spray black or tan through the pine needles which will give you dark green needles with a tan or black border. The burlap also looks cool if you start with black on bottom and spray tan through it which gives you a shadow or silhouette of burlap. The cool thing about camouflage is that there doesn't have to be a pattern (since there are no patterns in nature). In the picture the rifle on bottom is the one I painted. I'm getting ready to paint my truck dash starting with the bezel around the stereo. Its a fun project that nobody else will have if you don't mind the work of pulling stuff apart. And it looks super cool.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20150128_144819.jpg (20.0 KB, 78 views)