View Single Post

Old 11-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Banned

Default Re: FRF Afterhours / BS Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 2WD Edge View Post
You work in the morning..see how you feel then. If you don't dare miss a day then don't. I haven't had a doctor for years..local doctor shortage..I've had broken bones, severe lacerations, etc. The worst was 2 years ago..a pinched nerve...it felt like I was dying. Luckily I was on a weekend shift and the boss let me take the next weekend off using vacation time. Recovery took about 6 months. Still a numbness in my left hand..2 years later. But I went to work after that 1st weekend off. You gonna feel better at home?..no...might as well go to work if you can. When I lost the end of a finger, broke a collar bone...and snapped my right thigh bone..(not at the same time thankfully)..I was off work for a bit..all those many years ago. I'd still say the pinched nerve was the worst. The others they could give you a reasonable estimate of time to heal....you could feel it too. The nerve thing is different..electric-like...it scared the **** out of me,..on top of that why it happened was not clear...no accident as such...just woke up with a sore feeling on my Left side..went to work a little sore...the next day I could hardly move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedESV View Post
Answer is always to skip work :-)
Yeah I hear ya. I use my time when I want. I'm one of the bosses, but I am wiped out, shoulder hurts and I dont feel like hearing the people I supervise whine like bitches, they do and its like you're back in high school. So I have only used 2 sick days since may so I think I'll take the day off. Marie convinced me!