View Single Post

Old 01-14-2015, 02:56 PM
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BLUEdge View Post
After a few off road trips they are holding up well. To the OP, since you are a 98+ 2wd I would highly recommend spindles over a body lift. I am not saying body lifts are bad (run the 3" one from Performance Accessories on my truck with zero problems) but the spindles/shackles do not cost much more than the body lift. There will be no steering shaft extension to deal with, no gaps between the frame and the body, and IMO are easier to install. The first body lift I did took about 7 hours, the second I helped with took 12 due to a front body bushing that somehow got cross threaded and turned into a huge PITA. Ultimately it is up to you. Both are good options. If you have them professionally installed, the spindles will probably be cheaper. The installation for both is really not bad and if you are somewhat handy you shouldn't have any problems. If you go with the body lift, a second set of hands will be very helpful.
Exactly what I wanted to hear and thanks man, probly goin to go with suspension lift since I know people that've had bad luck with body lifts and the spacers broke going down the road. At STO in Dothan (southern truck outfitters where I live at) it's like $650 to install and all the parts and that's way out of my price range but I'll probly do it myself anyways.
After I lift 3" what size tire can I fit without scrubbing and clearance issues that is somewhat wide?