View Single Post

Old 01-09-2015, 06:50 PM
<-- PAID OFF!

Default Re: Random pics of your truck thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinary Biker View Post
Damn, I never thought of that. I would like to toss some more light on the front, a bar, or some Hella's, but I don't want cheap looking switches in the cab. I could just use the bright circuit to trigger my relay...Thanks for the idea!
Some warning though, if you are currently running HID's and you plan to convert the hella's or whatever to HID you might run into some weird issues once in a while. It might not happen to you, and if you keep the hella's or whatever halogen and you do have HID headlights you might not run into any issues, but my setup with HID heads and HID hella's resulted in the headlights going out all together when the brights were switched on. It didn't happen every time, but it did happen often. Sometimes it was remedied by a couple switches back and forth between regulars and brights, but sometimes it just would not work correctly. I spent a lot of time trying to fix it but never could figure it out, and once I switched to stock headlights everything started to work perfectly. My guess is that the initial power surge HID's require messes it up with the tiny stock headlight wiring, but im no expert in electrical stuff.
33" GoodYear MTR's, 8.8 swap with 4.56 gears and L/S
Baja Designs 20" OnX, HID converted Hella's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87rangerSummers View Post
He has a badass lifted 2wd. He is being a smartass