View Single Post

Old 11-13-2014, 07:34 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: Rangers With Camper Shells/Topper Thread

Well I was off school on Veterans Day, so I went over to an old Vietnam vets welding shop and started having some brackets made. Only took 30 minutes but listened to him talk for 2 hrs haha, anyway at the end I asked what I owed and he said don't worry about it. Well dumb me didn't pay attention to the swing arm close enough, we had made two L brackets out of 1 1/4" flat steel 1/8" thick then cut a nipple down to size and welded that. Meant to fit a 7/16" bolt. Well the top portion of the swing arm had another piece welded into it and I didn't realize that till we had cut both the original brackets off. All in all gotta make new brackets with wings on em to go over the tops of the swing arm. May just wait till I go home next week and have the old man help me out with them.