View Single Post

Old 10-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Sunny Soonkyu <3

Send a message via AIM to DrIftKi7Vg Send a message via MSN to DrIftKi7Vg
Default Re: What did you do to your ranger today thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yocalif View Post
Dome Light mod, bought Mustang dome light off ebay, $10.

My headliner is dark charcoal gray, so the black lens cover looks fine.

Unfortunately the install had a glitch, the center bulb ground side of the receptacle one of the two brass posts was fatigued and cracked when I tried to adjust tension.
To fix I soldered a wire on the metal conductor end of the bulb, and connected it to ground screw.

Can someone recommend some led replacement bulbs that are brighter, for both the center and map bulbs? Please include website, and part # where I can purchase them. thx

Also received and installed Ultragauge. Nice little toy, not sure where I want to permanently mount it, nor have I calibrated it yet.
Nice looking dome light I have the same and the light output is fantastic over stock IMO. I want the Ultraguage so bad. Everyone says its a good tool to have in your truck so I'll be buying it before Christmas. For the LED bulbs, you can simply go on Ebay and buy them for cheap but I reccomend going to http://www.superbrightleds.com/ because they have excellent quality in LEDs and such and they are a good company. Go to http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...de/default.htm and there you can find your bulb size for your dome light. For the year I put down the year of my truck which is an 02 and I should be buying mine soon. I have a blue LED light in the center and stock on both sides. I like the mix to it but I would like to get white LEDs on the two sides Hoped this helps and good luck!
Complete Pioneer Audio setup
5000k HID Projector retrofit and 3000k Fogs
Achilles Desert Hawk 255/45/20 with 20'' rims
Looking for a professional retrofitter? Send me a message!