View Single Post

Old 11-08-2014, 07:25 AM
superwrench43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_Rarity View Post
I'm totally stumped on wtf happened to it this time......someone! I would appreciate some help! I dunno why, or how, but my ABS and Parking brake lights are both on and I want them off, hopefully without lots of money I don't have ;-) Here's the rundown of what happened-
I got off work, chilly morning. Letting the truck warm up, texting a friend. Ten minutes, temp starts climbing. Time to go. I was pulling out of the parking lot, everything was awesome. I stopped at the stop sign, everything was awesome. I drove to the stoplight (a hundred yards or so), and stopped at the red light. Nobody was coming, so I turned. The truck lost traction for a few seconds cause I gave it a little too much gas (and I'm almost treadless lol), nothing that it hasn't done before. But something changed! My ABS and Parking brake lights were on!

All I know is they weren't on before, and they really clash with my blue interior. My parking brake hasn't worked since I got the truck, is in pieces and rusted the whole cable, plus its either disconnected or broken off of the right drum. Back to the lights, They don't seem to affect the way the truck handles or performs, I figured they'd go off by themselves so I just drove it home like normal, been driving it ever since. Just wondering if there is anything I can do cheaply to fix whatever might be wrong with it (besides buy a new truck lol)
Pull the booster vacuum hose off make sure it has vacuum on it, next take a long zip tie and rod it to the bottom pull it out & check to see if there is brake fluid on it,if so your master cylinder is leaking into the booster,next check the abs/mph sensor on the rear differential housing,pull the sender out to see if there is a build up of metal stuck on if so clean it off,also look at the backing plates on the rear look for brake fluid leaking form the wheel cylinders,inspect all brake lines for a leak,also make sure the park brake pedal is all the way up& not contacting the pin switch, let me know what u find out. Ranger steve out.