View Single Post

Old 10-26-2010, 01:41 AM
The Sickest

Default Re: heater core replacement 1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltonfilms View Post
Just replaced mine on my friends 2000 Ranger, today. 5 hours and 30 mins, not too shabby for my first time pulling the dash ( I could probably do it in 3 next time). It was a manual, so dropping the column was easy but the shifter got in the way from pulling the dash back far enough. So I disconnected every wire, even the body wiring under the driver's seat (had to take the seat out), to take the dash out. Removed air intake box and coolant and washer fluid res to shimmy the hvac box out to access the other bolts to pull the plenum.

Friend paid me 100 dollars for doing it. I don't think that was a bad deal (definitely a good deal for him), plus I got the experience.

This was the hardest thing I've ever done on a Ranger. Ford really messed up when they changed how to replace it. I would really like to find out who came up with this design and kick them straight in the gonads.
Same here...On mine I had to not only take the dash out, but unbolt that big black box under the hood with the AC stuff, and behind the box was more bolts, and to pull the black box out far enough to get at the bolts behind it, we had to take out the overflow tank and windshield wiper fluid tank...Most of the time my friend and I were doing it the only thing coming out of our mouths was "WHHHHYYYY?"