View Single Post

Old 10-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Like the Forums

Default Re: Hydraulic quick release

Went to Advance Auto today and bought a Perfection slave cylinder. Before dropping the transmission to change it out, I check to see if the hydraulic line would plug into this new one. It would not. I looked at the receiver on the new perfection and the one I took out of the transmission to begin with and found something rather interesting. The space between the fingers (that hold in the quick release) and where it bottoms out is deeper than on the new one.

Tomorrow, I guess I will be buying a new hydraulic line. A bit frustrating since there is nothing wrong with the one that is on the truck except that it will not plug into the new slave cylinders.

I have the CMC out of the truck (was a bear getting the shaft off of the clutch pedal) and will bench bleed the new line when I get it installed on the master cylinder before installing on the truck.

I must say though, I've learned quite a bit so far in the 2 months that I've owned this truck. I am looking forward to getting it on the road and actually driving it.
Mitsubishi FM146 manual transmission
31x10.5 15 tires