View Single Post

Old 10-20-2010, 05:22 PM
beaujt

Default finally got it... EB D44 SAS on 93 ranger

Hey Guys, just thought i'd share this with ya'll. Finally got my hands on an EB D44... got it shipped up from florida for $250 shipped hella good deal! Just the bare housing, and now i'm on the hunt for a chevy d44, got a hold of guy today about out of a 73 blazer, gonna strip the knuckles out and put on the housing, maybe even use the short axle shaft if it'll fit(i gotta double check the lengths between the two, pretty sure it'll work), and he only wants $100 for the whole front axle hub to hub! SO needless to say, im just on the parts gathering phase, but i'll post pics up as i progress through everything, gonna try setting the gears up myself, but if all else fails(or got enough money) i'm gonna have someone set the gears up as i don't want a fawked up job and have to buy a new locker and all new guts.

the plans:

*EB D44 housing--- $250
*Ford Wristed Radius Arms---$140
*chevy front end true D44(both knuckles flat top!), not a 10 bolt--- $200
*rebuilding knuckles out(bearings, seals, brakes, hubs, etc)--- appx 250, all wearable parts replaced.
*cross over high steer---
*5.13 gears, detriot locker, install kit(timken bearings)---$900
*EB progressive rate coils, 5.5"---$118
*desired tire size 37" with 18" alloy wheels---$750, new wheels; used 38" IROKS
*dual shocks front and back---
*1 Ton Chevy TRE's---
*3" body lift---
*decided on a fox steering stabilizer---
*axle shafts---

SO far total cost of parts(as im sure you are all very interested in the $$$$$ involved). My ball park guess will be appx 2,000(plus wheels and tires) after all is said and done on the axle as this will be done so i never have to touch the axle again.
93 ranger ext. cab 4.0L auto 6" SJ/custom lift--37" super swamper truxs M/T tires--lock rite locker w/ 4.56 gears up front--warn hubs--exploder 8.8 w/ disc brakes 4.56 gears and detriot locker--one-piece driveline--bushwacker cut-out flares--Bilstein 5150 shocks--2 10" xcite subs w/ 1600W Crunch amp-- tinted windows

waiting for: dual steering stabilizer, put on 3" body lift(in my room), dual shock setup, electric fan, possible SAS with a waggy D44

Last edited by beaujt; 12-15-2010 at 12:56 AM.