View Single Post

Old 07-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Learning to use the forums

Default Re: 2004 and up Ranger to Mustang Dome Light Mod

Just an update: i used 18gauge wire that i got from radioshack and a red quick splice connector (not a ttap like i originally thought i was guna use) like the one in the picture from the original how to pics by stl (also from radioshack). I was redoing my headliner so it was easy to run the wires. Just another note, i got my dome light from a mustang at the junkyard mid to early 2000s i think? Idk for sure but on the dome light i got i had to cut off this piece of plastic sticking out in the back, it looked like it might of clipped in to a hole in the headliner of the mustang or something but i just cut it off with some angled wire cutters and then it fit. I have a single cab 2004 ranger btw. Another note: in order to get the wire i tapped from the green/orange stripe to my dome light i had to screw the bolt in from the back side of the mustang dome light (from the roof down towards the cab) because it was too long to screw in normally, it would hit the metal roof before screwing in completely and there was no hole that lined up for it to screw into. For most of you this wont make any sense i know but for anyone that happens to have the same problems i did, i hope this helps, sorry forgot to take pics, i was a little frustrated lol