View Single Post

Old 10-09-2009, 05:44 AM
Learning to use the forums

Default A/C Compressor causing engine bog down

Ok so I have looked all through this site and I am not seeing the same problem that I am having. I have taken it to a repair shop and they seemed a bit stumped too. They can't determine whether it is an electrical prob or A/C compressor. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me.

Here is what is going on. The Truck is a 2002 2wheel drive 4.0. It has started to get cold and i am starting to use my defroster. Well when the defroster is on the Compressor will kick on and off. Now When this happens the engine will idle down and the lights dim but then it kicks right back to normal. I know when the compressor kicks on initially it will draw some power but this seems a little to much. I used the A/C all summer and I never had an issue. I try to keep all the general matenance up to date and get anything fixed that needs to be. I have since unhooked the compressor so it won't turn on when i am driving because i really don't need it right now. I do want to figure this out so i will have A/C next summer.

thanks