View Single Post

Old 05-05-2009, 05:32 AM
Girls Drive Trucks Too!

Send a message via Yahoo to Kierstien
Default Hello everyone:)

My name is Kierstien. I've recently purchased a 2001 Ford ranger 3.0 and I love it!

There are of course a few things I have to do to it as it was previously owned. But the engine purrs like a kitten and that's the most important part right?

I am a single mom, in NC. And I hope to have my truck for a LONG LONG time.

Hopefully I will find lots of answers here!

I have changed so far spark plugs, wires, belt tensioner assembly, rear brakes and springs, Several fuses were blown (important ones like the ones that ran the airbag and the heater) changed out a tail light cover as it was cracked and full of water from a previous bang up with a pole apparently. Changed oil and filter twice, Air Filter, And New Windshield wipers (Child's play to most of you grease monkey's^^)

I still need some suspension work, just about all of the boots for the suspension are cracked or smashed to smithereens. Luckily I have shocks, not struts. I noticed a crack in the middle of the center frame as I was changing the oil and had it jacked up... Should probably see about getting that welded. I guess whoever drove this truck plus all the gear that terminex drives around was a bit more than this truck could handle by the looks of it. Need to replace passenger side drum, deep groove all the way around..too deep to machine out. before it tears up my new set of brakes. Still need to change out the Egr valve and o2 sensors.. Still need to pull one of the headlights and see why I dont have bright lights. The indicator light doesnt come on and neither do the bright lights. Going to need to see about the rear differential as it's wanting to slip at near stopping point at times. (That one I WILL NOT be taking on myself.)

And I think that about covers it!

Bought for less than blue book, so I cant complain too much.

Last edited by Kierstien; 05-06-2009 at 11:54 PM.