View Single Post

Old 10-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Still Tickin!

Default Headlight problem

I have a 1995 XLT 4 cyl, 5 speed. I bought it new and it has since been passed around amongst the family. Well, it made it's way back to me after my father passed. It had a burnt out clutch and this headlight issue... so I parked it in the back yeard till I had the extra cash to repair it. Well, that day came when my 5.0 Mustang was stolen.

And... well, actually... I have SEVERAL issues! First and foremost, my headlights do not work. Yes, I replaced the bulbs... yes, I checked the fuses... still not headlights! Now, they will work when I use the multifunction switch to "flash" my brights. If I push forward, the brights don't come on... only if I pull back.

That's ANOTHER issue... my multifunction switch rolls around like a hot dog on a hot roller in a convenience store! Whenever I hit the turn signals, the windshield wipers come on. It seems my washer is being activated because I hear the pump running to squirt water on the windshield. Of course, my windshiled wipers won't work unless... the right blinker is on. Also, when I "flash" my brights, the windshiled wipers come on then too. **rolls eyes** This stuff is driving me CRAZY!! It is also TOTALLY unsafe and I need to get this resolved!

Another issue is, the gas guage has stopped working... the speedo is still working... the RPMs are working. So I am at a loss with that one too!

My MAIN objective right now is to get my headlights working. I will deal with the other issue next time I get paid. I don't have a lot of cash to play with so I will have to do it in stages. If I replace the multifunction switch will that fix the headlight problem?! OR could it be the headlight "switch" on the dash?? Have any of you guys had a problem like this?? Can ya give a girl some advice?? Thanks in advance!