View Single Post

Old 05-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Ford Ranger Owner

Default Re: Brand new pads rotors bearings 05 supercab 2WD still chattering and grinding!!!??

Y'all not going to believe this. Got the pads back to advanced guy there had a ranger himself and recently installed same pads. Very knowledgeable fella! Turns out my pads are ceramic. The pack of good was for the clips that hold the pad in to allow them to travel in and out with the caliper. Since ceramic produces a lot of heat mine were basically stuck. Or not moving freely causing chatter and grinding. Exchanged the pads anyway and got the goop on there good as new stops better than the day I did it before this whole mess started happening. Something as simple as some grease rates for 3,000 degrees lol

----------

Thank you for all ur thoughts and input gentleman sorry if I confused y'all very thankful to have my truck back to normal few more tweeks and I'm done with her for a good 50,000 miles lol. Inner outer tie rod ends and tranny filter and fluid swap that's it!! Firestone wants 350 for the tie rod end job I don't see myself being able to do that any of y'all done it urself and then just taken it in for an alignment after

----------

One more thing this is by far the best forum for a guy to figure anything out with his truck. Saved myself a good thousand dollars already through ppls advice and giving me the confidence to get under the truck and do It myself lol.