View Single Post

Old 05-15-2014, 10:09 AM
Ford Ranger Owner

Default Re: Brand new pads rotors bearings 05 supercab 2WD still chattering and grinding!!!??

They were ready to be done just past wear limits. Broke it all down again going to take the pads back as soon as I get a ride. I remembered I did not put that pack of goop on the pad when I got the new ones thought it was for the pins through it out was that for the pads lol. The bearings soon freely took the whole rotor off everything seems good packed w grease no noticeable damage to bearing. What's y'all's concensus new pads put goop on wear in properly? The rotors look perfect cleaned them w break cleaner just now

----------

Bearings 2 months old brand cheap ones at orielly 8 bucks a piece. No grinding before. I torqued nut to snug then backed off no noticeable play. Thought I may have had it to tight so backed it out more then just touched it to snug. I'm looking at the bearings right now they look fine but I'm not 100 percent there is no whistle or humming just grinding when breaks applied

----------

I can seriously feel all this in the break pedal stops the second I let off ..... Lol at a damn loss boys I like rotors that are not on a spindle and held on w lugs!