View Single Post

Old 10-07-2010, 11:20 AM
THE COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT

Default Re: Transmission whining in all gears except fourth; burning smell

1:30 pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCA Dimensia View Post
When I was driving I began to notice a sound that usually isn't there. It didn't seem that bad but eventually the check engine light came on and I could smell burning after having it in overdrive where apparently it's the worst. I pulled over to check things and everything seemed fine. I drove home in fourth gear only.

I think it does not do it in reverse also. It's hardly even a whining sound really; it's not that loud.

It's a 1994 extend cab.
1:41 pm
Quote:
Okay here is a thread from another forum where someone has the exact same problem: http://www.rangerpowersports.com/for...smission-whine

It also mentions going hard into first and reverse. Mine has ALWAYS done that but never made noise. The cheap Mazda transmission is probably junk.
1:44 pm
Quote:
fuck you guys

...you waited a grand total of 14 minutes for an answer before crying like an infant and saying "fuck you guys"..

this thread is going places, not in a direction thats going to help you though.lol

enjoy the flames asshat.
2001 Ford Ranger Supercab (4dr), Oxford White, 4.0 Sohc, 4x4, Manual trans (hurst equipped), 4:10's, 3" body lift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-FX4 View Post
The Edgeman sees his prey and strikes out from the darkness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango88 View Post
Dont f+ck with Ch+ck