View Single Post

Old 10-07-2010, 03:48 AM
Infidel

Default Re: hellas behind the grille??? should i?

Best mod I've done. Here's what I sent Clinton:

The install is pretty simple. Remove the grille and surround. Once that's off, I measured for placement and used painter's tape to mark where I wanted to drill.

I attached the lights to the top cross member so they would be more centered up and down once everything was back on the truck. The top cross member is shaped like the letter V laying on it's side, so I used a small hole saw to cut through the top piece and give my a large enough access hole for my socket. It's just fiberglass, so it's not hard to drill.

The bottom piece I just drilled the size of hole the instructions said, I think 10mm or some such.

I also went to Lowe's and bought a rubber grommet to put between the nut and the cross member, just as a precaution and to absorb some of the impact from driving.

The rest was just wiring them up, which was no problem, and reassembling the front.
02 Ranger XLT 4x4 Off Road, 4.0L SOHC, Automatic, 8.8 4.10 LS, Super-Cab, 3" Body Lift, 33x12.5x15 BFG All Terrains on 15x8 M/T Classic IIs, 5K 55w Heads, 5K 35w fogs, custom front skid plate, various other goodies.