View Single Post

Old 04-24-2014, 09:17 AM
Learning to use the forums

Default Re: High Idle problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_CT View Post
This. Also clean your MAF and maybe change/clean your air filter. IAC might not be good just because it's new. Also your throttle body should be cleaned. The butterfly valve might not be closing all the way. It might be gunked up. Clean it with an old toothbrush and Throttle Body Cleaner.
thank you for the responses Clinton64xl and Cole_CT

Will do (vaccum leaks). Air filter has about 1,000 miles on it. The throttle body was cleaned when i did the IAC replacement (about 800 miles ago).

Personally, i am not a huge fan of spraying very flamable chemicals around a running/warm engine. Usually to find vaccum leaks, i will unhook a a line, apply vaccum with a hand pump/guage and verify it holds. it presents a little less of a fire hazard and can be done when the engine is cold. I'll probably pull the upper/lower intakes and replace their gaskets just to be sure. The gaskets are cheap and my labor is free. it will also give me the chance to port match them.

I also saw on another forum last night, a guy had very similiar issues to me and found significant damage to the computer/harness connector. I will be checking that tonight, too.