View Single Post

Old 04-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum

Default Re: 2000 3.0 FFV 2WD White Smoke and Rough Idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by garo24 View Post
Any updates on this? Fuel pump? What about the FF sensor?
I've been really busy. Hard for me to keep up with everything going on right now. Starting a business, remodeling my house, and going to school. When I get home it's curtains these last couple weeks.

When I was rebuilding my engine, I ordered all three oxygen sensors, a Screamin' Demon coil pack, and Live Wires. I had to disconnect my battery to install them, which reset the codes. Haven't seen anything since I installed those, and it's been running great. I got 375 miles to a tank, picked up a little bit of power, and focused on other things.

The white smoke is almost all the way gone. There is a small amount during warm up, then nothing. I did get a fuel pump. I just haven't had the time to install it, and didn't see a reason to... yet.

I'm planning on using this truck for a business that will require a lot of miles. I wouldn't recommend going about things this way for most people. The thing is with me, time is money, and I'd rather not deal with the diagnosing. I'm replacing things that will go bad sooner or later, and rather than waiting for them to go, I'm just changing stuff out. Next up is the fuel pump. Not that it's bad, I just don't want to deal with it when I'm out on the road.

As for the flex fuel sensor, I didn't see a need for it... yet. If that changes, I'll update the thread.