Thread: Stephen's Build
View Single Post

Old 03-24-2014, 05:59 PM
Gone Fishin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen View Post
Last week I upgraded from a 4.10 to a 4.56 gear ratio in my 8.8 rear end to help compensate for the larger tires and take some strain of the transmission. Feels great, smoother shifting a little more pep at take off. Nothing major, but noticeable. I'm looking forward to seeing how its going to affect my MPG.

ALSO! when I had my gears installed I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Detroit TrueTrac Limited Slip. I hated my open diff and I have to say I love my new rear end. There where several situations last weekend where I can pretty much guarantee I would have been stuck with that open rear. From being 3 inches deep in sand, to inclines covered with loose rock, this thing pulled through.

So my stock 4.10's are up for sale as well as my open diff. I'd prefer local pick up but I can ship if I have to. Im looking to get about $80 for the gears. As for the diff just make and offer, I'm sure not many people are looking for open rear ends. lol.
How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking. I'm thinking about doing the same thing when I upgrade to 32s
Mods: Black window shields, Black bug shield, UWS Low-Profile Toolbox, Air Box Mod w/ K&N Drop-in, Blinker Mod, Throttle Cable Mod, Clear corners, OHC, DDM Tuning 35W 6000k HID headlights and fog lights, LED lights, Tow Hooks, 31" BFG KOs, Prekeys w/ Tbar crank, projector retrofit, RCI front skid plate, Pro Comp 7031, cherry bomb glasspack side exit exhaust, kicker door speakers, kicker 12" sub with 600 watt amp