Thread: Discuss How-To: OHC Install
View Single Post

Old 03-18-2014, 12:54 PM
2006 - 4x4 - 4.0L - XLT

Default Re: How-To: OHC Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
i've been looking for one. The sploder i took my console from didn't have the sensor and pigtail.
I think I've got a few extra lying around, I'll shoot you a PM later when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mritchie1977 View Post
Question guys. I plan on doing this install soon but I'm curious how everyone is cutting the slots for the mounting tabs to go into? I'm doing this in the parking lot of my college so advanced tools aren't really an option.
I just drilled a few holes side by side and bent the metal with a flat head screwdriver, then cleaned it up as best I could to where it wasn't all jagged. Just be sure when you're doing it, you only drill through the inner plate and not your roof as well lol. I scared myself a couple times when the drill bit broke through the first plate when I wasn't ready lol.