View Single Post

Old 02-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum

Default radius arm bushings

So, i narrowed down my clunking in thr front end to either the shocks or the radius arm bushing since ive replaced everything else in the front end . ball joints, tie rods, drag link, wheel bearings.... anyways, i had a previous thread about what the noise could be and i think its the radius arm bushings. i know how to do it, problem is, I can not get the main nut off that holds the radius bushing onto the raidus arm. its the nut that is 1 1/8 inch, ive hit it with an impact, puts about 4 foot extension on a rackets, broke the rachet....I sprayed the nut on both sides with PB blaster today and im going to let it soak in, maybe that will help. On the driver side, I am afraid to apply heat becaue the fuel lines are right there, they are pretty close. the one on the passenger side should do-able with heat. finaly i figured i should come here before i break something. So, has any one else had this issue? anyone know any tricks??? i am trying to avoid getting all new radius arms.

I was thinking about maybe ordering new radius arms and cutting the old ones off if i cant get the nut loose as a last resort.

any input helps. thanks

----------

by the way, its a 1997 xlt 2.3 I-4 5 speed stick. 63k original, michigan truck