View Single Post

Old 01-30-2014, 02:49 AM
Possible 331 build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post

Those are well known for their sound quality when properly EQ'd and setup with good source material. They will handle more than their rated 60 watts RMS when given a good clean signal highpassed around 120 hz. I wouldn't be afraid to give them 100 watts RMS each, as so. They are not really made for low power like from only a headunit. They really shine with at least 50 watts RMS from a high-power outboard Class AB amplifier.

----------

Let me know the model number of that amp and I will try to come up with a good number for setting the gain with for those speakers. You need a clean 1000 hz test tone and a DMM (digital multimeter).

----------

What amp are you powering the P3 with ? Is it the DVC 2 ohm or DVC 4 ohm model ? Sealed enclosure ?
I'll get you a model number when I get home from work. I'll hit my 40 hours for the week. Tomorrow after I work 2 hours.

I had the P3 bridged on a Rockford Fosgate 200.2, but sold it to a friend so he could power his 6x9s. I don't have an amp for it. What do you recommend for it? And I'm almost positive it's the 4 ohm, and yes sealed enclosure.

----------

My P3 is sitting in my bedroom along with my L7s and amp for that. The box split after I had to break the seal to rewire inside it. The P3 going back in the Ranger is a long term thing. Needs other things done before I can buy a new amp.

2015 F150 XLT | 2.7 EcoBoost 6R80 | 4/6 dropped | wife’s truck!