View Single Post

Old 01-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Mine is a 97 Mazda b2300 se reg cab. Same as the ranger with different body panels and lights. I love mine I didn't mess with the cat on mine. The cat back system bolts up to the factory exhaust location and is a full system that replaces the pipes and muffler. Stock is 2 inch. The dynomax cat back is 2 1/4 inch pipe with a turbo muffler. It's not to much louder then stock but it has a nice tone to it I love it. After you put some miles on it and break it in it gets the tone and is awesome. You can tell with the windows down but windows up it's quiet. That's what I wanted. I play with the gas to hear it lol. You don't replace the cat with this system it's everything after the cat.

----------

I went to a shop and they quoted me $40 to weld in a muffler I bring or cost of muffler and $40 for just muffler and stock pipes, I got the cat back because I wanted a better tone and it does have slightly bigger pipes which does help with that. I'm happy it was $165 though through jegs and got a $25 gift cert to jegs (I didn't buy the kit, my gf did for me for Christmas) I was gonna buy it but she beat me to it I wanted it for a while because I wanted new pipes. The only thing I don't like is the tip, it's oval not circle. But it's growing on me. And the tail pipe mounts up closer to the body which I like.

----------

http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynomax/289/17...d=#moreDetails

This is exactly what I have. Price went up a little. Last year they were doing a $75 rebate. Wish they had that now.
1997 B2300 reg cab 2.3 Lima, 15x8.5 Mickey Thompson classic 2, 31x10.50 cooper discover at3, 7.5 open 4.10 rear, dynomax super turbo catback, alpine iva-w200 w/ nav, kicker 6x8s, alpine type R 8, alpine 250W mono amp, power bass 400.4, tool box & camper shell, compustar alarm/remote start.
1956 Ford F100 rust bucket with big plans!